Magazine Journalism Internship – Company & Position Description
Internship Code: Journ – 1
Internship Location: Chippendale, Sydney
Number of Employees: 50 (Sydney office)
Our company is Australasia’s leading publication for backpackers and independent travelers. In response to the growing backpacker and independent traveler market, on October 3, 2005 we relaunched as a weekly, national publication to increase the travel industry coverage while bringing travelers more travel information, more often.
We unite independent editorial, up-to-date travel, news and sport from abroad, jobs and accommodation, entertainment and, of course, humour to reach and influence more than 460,000 independent travelers visiting Australia each year. Major distribution points include hostels, travel agents, information centres, airports, bus terminals and train stations.
We are looking for an intern to help out in a a varied role that will see the successful intern gain great experience in how a magazine is put together and promoted. You will gain experience in; events/marketing/promotions/sales/editorial.
The role is heaps of fun and working with a young, dynamic team.
The kind of projects / tasks they will be undertaking will include:
- Interviewing readers for the magazine
- Contributing to the writing for the news, travel, entertainment and work sections of the magazine
- Assisting in distribution runs, update distribution databases, add new distribution contacts.
- Website: Update content, events and competitions on our website
- Facebook: monitoring and updating the our facebook site
- Reader Parties: Assist in promotion and management of reader parties
- Other events – helping out where required
- Uploading stores to the website
- Sending out magazine to clients
- Updating databases with key contacts
Interested in this internship?
Please have a read about the programme – full details including “How to Apply” are detailed on the Sydney and Melbourne Internships page. Otherwise just click on the Enquire Now button below and fill in your details, a member of the Intern Options team will contact you as soon as possible.