Fashion PR Internship – Company & Position Description
Internship Code: PR 3
Internship Location: St Peters, Sydney
Number of Employees: 5
PR is a vital part of a fashion designers business. In Sydney you will find some of the top fashion designers in the world. Mix this with the Australian way of working (and playing) and you have the elements of a great fashion PR internship in one of the great cities of the world waiting to be snapped up.
Fashion Designer which wholesales to 12 and growing boutiques in Australia.
Also sells through destination markets such as ‘Paddington Markets’ as well as ‘Pop-Up’s shops.
The business commenced in April 2006 after the our founder graduated from Fashion and Textiles at University of Technology Sydney with a grant won in competition from Australian Business Ltd. She was previously a finalist in the Lancôme Colour Design Awards and both a winner and runner-up in the Ella Bache styling awards.
She has shown at both L’Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival and Rosemount Australian Fashion Week (Sydney) in 2010.
The business is looking to grow effectively and sustainably, ie to avoid negative impact on the quality of the product and service standards while selling higher volumes through more outlets.
We will only work with proven suppliers demonstrating outstanding ethics and environmental awareness / credentials.
- Develop/extend the traditional web and social networking capability in keeping with the our brand mission.
- Updating websites, creating promotion material using Adobe applications to generate attention and activity to the main websites. Focus on driving sales through to on-line shop. Requires creativity and tech skills to effectively reuse materials on the profuse social networking media.
- Develop a process whereby a ‘blog’ can be easily maintained in conjunction with the websites in the most efficient manner. Ease of reuse of materials such images, text, links and multi-media.
- Liaise with national media – newspapers and magazines and the existing PR Agency.
- Ensure sample garments are being couriered and returned for photoshoots etc. Maintain a ‘guard book’ of press that is expected to hit.
- Opportunity to project manage a website refresh. Ensure the requirements for new functions are being developed to expectation, doing user testing and providing clear instructions to developer on issues / bugs.
- Opportunity to design and project manage development of an iPhone application using Crowd Sourcing providers.
Interested in this internship?
How to Apply
If you’re ready to apply for your dream PR/ Media internship click to the How to Apply page.
If you have any questions on the programme or Australia in general, we would love to hear from you. You can email the Intern Options team to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or click on the enquire now button below.